Friday 13 November 2009

clap your hands if you believe

IGN has a review up of the new Disney Fairies game. Not one I'm intending to play, but I like to cheer them for reviewing things that many gaming sites won't touch.

I'm also of two minds about the reviewer's complaint that you can't make a boy character. It's true, and having more options is good, and recognising that a boy might play a cutesy game or a girl might enjoy being a boy is good, but at the same time, the snark in me wonders if the reviewer would complain if you could only create boy characters... (He might. You never know.)

1 comment:

Rio said...

I agree. It's always good to see reviewers touch other games aside from what "core" gamers would like and have them know what it feels like to not be able to make a character of your own gender.

This reminds me of the vehemence GameTrailers.com got for putting in previews/reviews of casual games. I never understood all the flack it got for that. :\