Wednesday 11 July 2012

false quiet

I've put myself in something of a bind here - I'm actually posting quite a lot about games but I can't post it *here*. Because I'm doing a Let's Play of a game in a situation where I think it would be inappropriate to do it under an account that is blatantly _MY_ account. Not because I'm ashamed of my words, but because I'm obviously in this business.

So I don't want it to come across as "Hanako Games mocks the competition and thinks she's so much better than them! THAT SNOT!" I don't want it to look like I'm trying to shill my own games by having fun with someone else's.

I may be the only person in the world who cares about stupid things like that. :)

(If you saw me talking about LP on twitter, this is a different game. The one I ordered in the mail is something I could indeed Let's Play under my own name because it's in a completely different genre and twenty years out of date.)

It's hardly direct competition anyway... my customers aren't interested in this game (I know, I've already tried to sell it to them!). But if you're curious what I'm up to, look around in brokenforum's LP section for someone doing a game that is both an RPG and a visual novel. Like I said, I'm not ashamed of my words, I'm just trying to diffuse potential conflict of commercial interest. (Er, did I mean defuse? Oh well, I suppose either works.)

2 comments:

Brian Ballsun-Stanton said...

Is there any way you can hint at the LP? I like watching them.

Whiner said...

here's my hint:

.......

.....

....

...

(No, the hint's not down here, that was the hint!) :)

I've never done a LP before and may not be very funny at it.