Monday 29 September 2008

blurring the lines

Do you ever find it too stressful playing MMORPGs? A little too much like work? Do you wish you could just unwind and play a game to get away from the stress of playing a game?

Apparently they're now going to put Bejeweled inside World of Warcraft.

I would say that a better solution is "don't play World of Warcraft" but unfortunately, I have a shameful admission to make... somebody bought me a copy and demanded that I play with him.

I can't say that I either like or dislike the game. It's been such a topic of conversation in the business for so long that it feels totally... familiar and inoffensive? My first attempts at building a character made the gameplay so utterly boring I couldn't go on, I eventually rolled up a rogue and now am struggling with the interface in order to get behind things properly in order to backstab them. Which at least keeps me on my toes.

In the best tradition, my rogue is also an herbalist and skips through the fields picking flowers.

No comments: