Saturday 23 July 2011

origin, still trying to annoy me

"An update is available. Would you like to install it now?"

  1. Install
  2. Quit the program, thus being unable to play any games connected with this stupid tool


... Not exactly giving you a choice, are they?

Yes, I'm sure some people are used to auto-update. Especially for online games. Except I'm not PLAYING an online game, and I don't want any of their online features at all, I find them creepy.

Also, THEIR updater doesn't work EITHER - had to ctrl-alt-del and manually kill bits of it in order for it to proceed, and who knows if even that worked?

Would I buy any future game from the Origin Store? NO.


... Speaking of the stupid game, along with the tutorial bug, now that I've turned on godmode to keep playing in spite of my shit skills, I quickly managed the popular "stuck in air" bug and had to restart another mission.

Is the downloadable version of the game not bugpatched at all? Or is this just how bad it is even with years of fixes?

No comments: