Monday 23 June 2008

Things that aren't 4e

As well as being dragged kicking and screaming through Keep on the Shadowfell (I get brain burnout after a tactical combat session. Seriously. I can't think straight and I feel ill. I am not enjoying this.) we are looking into other, wackier RPG systems.

Check out:

In a Wicked Age
Official Site
RPG net review
Narrative-focused gaming with no pre-game prep time. You start off by randomly generating suggestive phrases and then work together to assemble a set of characters (PC and NPC) out of them, set simple stats and cross-purpose goals for all the characters, then start the story and see what happens. Rules exist to affect the outcome of conflicts, but they are kept as simple as possible. Mostly, this is about storytelling and weaving threads into a whole.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it sounds more up my alley than all this tactical wargame nonsense. :)

No comments: