Thursday 7 August 2008

trudging through the snow

So far I'm not terribly impressed with the DS skating game. The minigames are definitely amusing the first time you see them, but instead of being an occasional diversion, it looks like you have to slog through them CONSTANTLY to make any progress. The graphics are cute, especially the 2d characters, although some of the 3d accessories are a little silly (oddly, the kneepads with the pink skulls on them look LESS dumb than most of the choices).

But I've been slogging through an awful lot of tap tap tapping at the plot and done extremely little skating... nor felt like I got to make any choices or display any skill. Admittedly, I'm still at the beginning... because I'm just not interested enough to play more than a few minutes of this at a time so far.

I think I can fairly say that Twinkle Toes Skating far outstrips the other skating games on the market. In my opinion.

No comments: