Monday 2 March 2009

inclusiveness, political correctness, and stupidity

(language warning!)

Point A: I do not have enough personal experience either with Resident Evil 5 or with the nature of the stereotypes in question to accurately judge it myself. I do not intend to make any sweeping statements about whether it is or isn't racist.

Point B: The internet is full of fucktards whose response to anyone disagreeing with them is to immediately assume that the other opinion is the stupidest thing possible and dismiss anything they have to say without making the tiniest fraction of effort to figure out why they might in fact be disagreeing.

Therefore, Kotaku readers, while I too am stupid enough to immediately assume that you are all idiots who wouldn't get the point if it were chiseled on your foreheads, I would like to point out to you that the protest is not "It's racist because you shoot black people!". It's a bit more complicated than that.

No comments: