Thursday 25 June 2009

GUBS, the card game

I'm not really a huge fan of fantasy card games. I played Magic a little bit when it was the new thing, but didn't find the strategy of deck design appealing. I like more randomness in my table games, for some reason. When I'm sitting down to play with friends, I prefer having unexpected things happen and laughing about them; competitive strategy stresses me out.

I have found some card games I enjoy - Gloom is great fun, with transparent cards for stacking and gameplay that encourages you to make up silly stories of how exactly THAT happened...

But I'm getting off-topic! This post was to say that I found this game, which is a freeware implementation of a card game, advertising the cards themselves, which you can buy if you want to play with others in the real world.

No comments: