Sunday 22 January 2012

are you listening to yourselves?

I am saddened, but not surprised, that the VAST majority of the reactions to the news that other filehost sites are tightening access, shutting down affiliate programs, and nervously deleting obvious warez is "WHERE AM I GOING TO DOWNLOAD MY PIRATE STUFF FROM NOW???"

... I mean, guys, if you actually want to argue against these tactics, maybe you shouldn't be providing such clear evidence for the other side?

(Obviously there are legit users of such sites who are also upset, but they either just aren't visiting that particular thread or are way, way, way, way outnumbered.)

1 comment:

Kazriko said...

Eesh. That's a side of Livejournal I hadn't seen before. What terrible posters and avatars.

Personally, I'd rather see sites like that used for sharing files do something about taking down the illicit content so that the legitimate stuff isn't lost like it was with Megaupload.